Contact the Salon via phone or email to learn more about our open positions.
Sanjoy brings many years of Vidal Sassoon training in London and Toronto, three years of working in Brussels for Toni & Guy and is also a certified Straight Razor haircutter from The Nick Arrojo Studio in NYC. No hair is too difficult. He is comfortable with cutting and barbering any length or texture of hair.
Joseph Vial is truly a hair artist: he combines his love of people with his strong background in art and design. The ever-evolving look of Salon Sanjoy is his passion and when he is not behind the chair he is constantly in motion rearranging things.
This year marks his 40th year in the hair industry. He started in Northville, MI, eventually opening V=Salon and later coming to Ann Arbor and working in various salons downtown. Most recently he managed DaVinci's Salon & Gallery until opening Salon Sanjoy with his long-time friend Sanjoy Ghosh.
Jo has trained at Vidal Sassoon and is a Tressa colorist. He is certified in the Cezanne smoothing treatments. Currently he is working on DevaCurl and American Wave certifications. He enjoys attending classes and mentoring new and upcoming stylists. His greatest gift is the connections he's made with his clients whom he considers to be friends and family.
When Jo isn't in the salon or attending classes he can usually be found making home hair care visits. He loves Sedona, AZ and collecting turquoise. Petoskey, MI is one of his favorite places as well
In the year 2000, Angela Azar began her career in Ann Arbor, Michigan and a hairstylist. She quickly developed a passion for the art of hair design and giving the guest what they envision and desire. Her career has lead her to countless certifications, conferences, workshops and classes around the globe. Some of which were lead by herself during her time as an educator. She has been published in many well know magazines and featured on television. In 2016 after 3 weekends in New York, she became certified in Bálayagè by the L’orèal academy. In 2017 her focus has taken her to Dèva Curl to pursue a very personal quest to master the manyphilosophies of curly and wavy textured hair. In 2018 she plans to continue studying texture and curls with Dèva Curl and other well known curl companies. Angela is an individual who continue to reinvent herself and who will #neverstoplearning.
Brandy has been doing hair for 19 years in the Ann Arbor area. She comes to work with a passion to create a look to make you look and feel beautiful.
Brandy works Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- Board Certified Hair Colorist since 2007
- Keratin Therapy and Keratin Express certified
- DevaCurl certified.
It is said that the person's concept of "beauty" is within the individual's "culture". Kenta Tsushima has been working as a professional hair-stylist in Ann Arbor since 2002. His passion towards understanding his client's "ideal beauty", comes from his own unique experiences of being raised in a multicultural environment.
Melissa Wherry-England has undergone rigorous training with an extensive apprenticeship that led into an assistant position for four years at DaVinci's Salon & Gallery. She has now been in the business for six years. One of her biggest priorities in her career is to make sure she takes countless ongoing education courses to keep up-to-date with all the trends. Her whole heart is in the business and in keeping her clients happy. Melissa takes clients Tuesday-Saturday and is flexible to her clients' needs and wants.
Check out her work on Instagram at @meldawn_hair
- Sunlights Balayage 2018
- Arrojo Cut & Product Knowledge 2018
- Brazilian Blowout 2016
- Keratin Smoothing Treatment 2015
- Keratin Express Blowout 2015
- Moroccan Oil Wedding Styles 2015
- Pravana Color 2015
- Kemon Cut & Styling 2014
- L'Oréal Balayage 2014
- Kemon Blonding Certified 2013
- Kemon Color Certified 2013
Michelle Marie Ouimet
Michelle is a current ABCH (American Board Certified Haircolorist) Hair Stylist, DevaCurl Certified Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist.
Whether it's behind the chair, in a classroom, or backstage, Michelle still makes a point to learn all that she can about the constant growing/changing industry. She not only updates her knowledge on hair trends, she also continues to update her familiarity about the new makeup trends, including airbrush makeup. Having a solid foundation has allowed Michelle to expand her creativity as both a hair stylist and makeup artist. She loves having the ability to be artistic while making people feel great. She would tell you the best part about her job is when people leave her chair feeling better than when they walked in!
Michelle is your go-to, detail-oriented stylist for Makeup as well as Corrective Color, Creative Color, Balayage, Highlighting, Blondes, Cutting, Karasilk treatments, and Makeup.
Check out her work on Instagram @meeshison or schedule your appointment at Salon Sanjoy today!
Among her special projects, below is a list of some of her accomplishments:
- DevaCurl Certified, March 2017
- Ordained as an American Board Certified Hair Colorist, August 2011
- Emerged as a Label.M Ambassador, 2010
- Engaged in Label.M cutting classes and "look & learns" at the Academy, January 2010 - January 2012
- Participated in TIGI cutting classes (classic, remix and urban detailing collections) at DaVinci's Salon & Gallery, November 2007 - November 2010
- Attended Be Pro Art of Airbrush Makeup at the Academy, March 1, 2010
- Attended Be Pro Makeup Bootcamp at the Academy, February 22, 2010
- Attended TIGI advanced cutting class at the Academy, September 2008
- Attended TIGI product knowledge class, November 2007
- Attended Redken product knowledge class, July 18, 2007
- Graduated from Michigan College of Beauty, Waterford, July 2006
- Attended Redken color class, March 2006
- Attended Paul Mitchell product knowledge class, February 2006
Rachel Wojahn is an Ann Arbor native with over 15 years of experience in the salon industry. She began her training at the Douglas J. Aveda Institute of Ann Arbor in the spring of 2003 and has continued to build her skill set with advanced education receiving many specialty certificates while staying current with trends in the ever-evolving world of hair.
She is proficient in men's styles and clipper cutting, color corrective services, fantasy color, balayage, keratin complex smoothing treatments, textured/curly hair, brow/lip waxing, and special occasion and event styling.
Rachel is comfortable with all hair types and truly loves to help people look and feel their best. She will listen to your needs and concerns while offering ideas and suggestions to achieve your perfect cut, color, and style. She proudly uses only Wella hair color. For pictures of her work follow her on Instagram @RachelWojahn.
Advanced Training and Certificates:
- DevaCurl Inspired Stylist
- DevaCurl Product Knowledge Professional
- Keratin Complex Certified
- Wella Colour ID Certified
- Pivot Point Hair Cutting
- Redken Balayage Certified
- Wahl: Think Like a Barber
- Aquage Luna Bridal Workshop
- Oster Clipper Cutting Certified
- Wella Color Professionals Color Correction
- Rusk: The Art of Hair Color
- Bridal Beauty Salon Chicago
- Vidan Sassoon ABC Haircutting
Stephanie Buczek has made it a priority to bring her on-going extensive education and training to the chair for her clients, most recently DevaCurl.She’s constantly adding new techniques and styles to her resume. Stephanie has over 18 years of styling experience and truly loves the beauty industry. When asked about why she loves this business Stephanie says “There’s no greater experience than helping someone look and feel great.” Stephanie will sit down with you for a consult, listen to your hair-styling and color requests, offer suggestions if needed and then do what she best! Stephanie offers appointments Wednesday through Saturday each week. Below is a list of Stephanie’s services, certifications and experience:
- TIGI Ambassador, 2003
- TIGI Art Team Member, 2005
- TIGI Art Director, 2007
- Label.M Ambassador 2010
- DevaCurl inspired cutting 2017
- Toni and Guy Euphoria and Alter Ego Advanced Cutting, 2017
- Behind The Chair, 2016
- TIGI Advanced Cut and Color, 2014-2016
- Premier Orlando, 2013
- Label.M Collection, 2010-2011
- Toni and Guy Modern Classic, 2009
- Toni and Guy World Release, 2008
- Toni and Guy Teacher Training, 2007
- TIGI Bespoke Collections, 2006
- Toni and Guy Fashion Forecast, 2006-2009
- TIGI Dress It Up, 2006-2007
- Toni and Guy Progressions, 2005
- Toni and Guy Advanced Cut and Color, 2004